Saturday, March 3, 2012

Whew!

Man, life has been busy lately! And now I'm up at 1:21am because I've been alternately cleaning, messing around and packing (ish) to go to Portland for the weekend. The boyfriend's family and I are driving down, going hiking at Juniper Canyons on the way, and then we teens get to enjoy ourselves downtown while the parents are at an administrative meeting for OAMC(Oregon Adventist Mens Chorus). I would surely rather be messing around downtown. Especially since I know where a vintage clothing store is, and I have a bit of spare cash!
So far in the last few days I have created accounts on ravelry.com and pinterest.com, and gotten pretty well addicted to them both.

Ravelry is a social networking site for knitters and crocheters, and while I haven't had a lot of time lately to work on crocheting, it is still fun to upload all my old project, put future projects in the queue, and add my knitter/crocheter friends to my friends list.

Pinterest is a site where you 'pin' things of interest to a virtual board. I have a board of gadgets I want, tech-y things I want, houses I like, jewelry I want...et cetera. It is really quite easy to get in the habit of seeing a neat picture online and going "ooooh, I want to Pin that!" and doing so. It also keeps neat things organized so that you can go back later and find that neat skirt you want to find a pattern for, or really anything else.

No, I was not asked to push these sites, they were just what was on my mind this evening. Well, besides cleaning and sleeping.

Honestly, I haven't a clue why I'm online blogging when I ought to be packing and then passing out for four hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment